Sunday, December 10, 2006

Looking forward to 2007!

The workshop in Gettysburg was a wonderful introduction to PaLA. Janice Trapp, incoming PaLA President said that a couple of the goals for this year will be to increase communication and membership. She encouraged all of us to ask all of the people that we know if they are members of PaLA. If they aren't, then we should encourage them to join.

A major portion of the workshop centered around the 2007 PaLA Conference. Soon you will be getting emails soliciting program proposals. I encourage all of you to consider a program for the conference. There is SO MUCH TALENT OUT THERE! We just need to share it! Start thinking about what you would like to share with your collegues this fall.

I would very much like to hold continuing education workshops in various places around the state this spring. If your library would like to host one of these, please email me: kalchthaleri@einetwork.net or comment on here. We're looking for locations to host a 1/2 day workshop. I'm hoping to have them in the western, middle and eastern parts of the state. Let me know if you are interested and/or able to host such an event.

Please know I am here if you have any questions about getting more involved in PaLA. You can always call me at 412-835-2207 ex. 267.

Blessings,

ing

No comments: