Monday, May 14, 2007

Montgomery-Co./Norristown Workshop

Check out the pictures from our latest workshop at Montgomery Co.- Norristown Library last Friday. The middle picture is a great idea-- Denise Pulgino-Stout, Head of Children's Services. She puts all of her usual songs on a permanent project board so that the parents know what songs will be sung and can sing along. It also goes along with her on outreach visits. The bottom picture is the book drop in the children's department. Very cool!

Denise has also agreed to run for vice chair of YSD! Your ballots will be coming soon! Also, Susan McCellan, Director of Avalon Public Library will run for Sec/Treasurer. It is not too late to get your name on the ballot! Please email me if you want to participate in this way.




3 comments:

One Little Birdie said...

Denise here - we recently repainted that display unit and book drop. We are trying to Brand ourselves as "Buzy Bee, Hive of Activity." So, the display is a big bee hive and the book drop turned from a castle to a little play house. I did the painting & stenciling myself (see Denise reach around and pat herself on the back).

yea, I am just crazy enough to try the vice chair thing

One Little Birdie said...

The board with songs on it came from my outreach days. This way no one can use the excuse that they don't know the words AND we show the kids that most everything we do comes from print. Okay, I confess - I've sung these songs a million times and every once in a while my mind blanks out and I forget the words! hee hee

One Little Birdie said...

Here I am again! Well, after that awsome workshop, I started bloggin myself, for the department (http://welcometothebeehive.blogspot.com/) and for the staff. hopefully this will get into the next wave of things for a while